This is where I review movies. Or complain about them, or something like that. Not every movie I've seen is referenced here.
Movies I Love
These will be movies I re-watch.
- Miyazaki Movies
- Spirited Away
- Howl's Moving Castle
- Porco Rosso
- Saving Private Ryan
- Band of Brothers (yes, a series, but it's really a multi-part movie)
- Kung Fu Panda
- Smoke Signals
Movies That Are OK
These will be movies that I have watched once or twice and enjoyed, but really have no interest in watching again.
Movies I Don't Like
I was going to say "hate", but I don't hate anything.
Movies That I Have A Complex Relationship With
These are movies that I have serious issues with, but which I still enjoy. Or have enjoyed (meaning I don't rewatch them, and I have kind of like and kind of don't like).
- Passengers - This is the 2016 American science fiction romance film directed starring Jennifer Lawrence and Chris Pratt. Both stars of the film are great actors, and they did a great job. The premise of the movie is good - and if I am honest, it was actually brilliant. But I didn't like the ending. See Passengers Made Me Sad.
- Starship Troopers - Robert A. Heinlein, who wrote the novel this film was based on (which is one of my favorites), would have been horrified at this film. Or so I imagine. Here's the problem, the director, Paul Verhoeven, made the film into what amounts to an anti-American polemic. Apparently, he didn't read the novel (too boring) and I suppose got ahold of some kind of synopsis of it, and then scrambled the synopsis beyond recognition. Read my review of ''Starship Troopers'' (1997 film).
Movies That I Haven't Seen and Have No Interest In Seeing
These are films that I just won't watch. Either because they are stupid or uninteresting to me -- or are horror flicks, which I just don't care for at all. I have seen parts of some of these.
- Any instance of Les Miserables. My wife really likes this... thing. I try to understand.
- Any Zombie-based movie. Again, my wife kinda like zombie flicks. She has partially succeeded in enticing me to watch Pride and Prejudice with Zombies. I still haven't watched it, yet.
- Most horror flicks, including:
- Alien - This is a Sigourney Weaver flick that I have never watched, and have no plans to watch. I know the plot and that suffices. The film came out when I was in the US Army, and my barracks mate Dave Parker went to see it. When he got back, I got him to tell me the entire story, which he did.
- Aliens - I actually watched some of this film in the cinema, but when it got to the break in the action that preceded the really stressful parts, I bailed on it. I walked out. Didn't need the additional stress.
- Event Horizon - I watched some of this, but it got too scary for me and I stopped. Yikes.